This CMIE conducts and disseminates research on issues related to management of Intelligent Enterprise Systems, Security, and Assurance. Modern organizations increasingly depend on enterprise systems for their operations which need to be secured against all evolving threats and developed continuously to provide assurance to all organizational stake-holders.
© Copyright 2018
University of Windsor
Who Are We?
The Centre comprises of a special interest group of scholars from the faculty members and graduate students of University of Windsor, Odette School of Business. Some of the key areas of research by the group include:
The CMIE is committed to perform scholarly-basic and applied researches, in the key areas for the benefit of Canadians and global set of enterprises, relevant professionals and scholars. We are working to generate and integrate researches, evaluation, devise policies, application tools and best practices to fulfill our mission and vision of Centre for Management of intelligent enterprises (CMIE).
- Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technologies used in Business Enterprises
- Continuous Assurance and Information Systems Security
- E-Commerce and E-Business Audit and Assurance
- Enterprise-centric Internal Controls, Auditing, Risk Management, and Assurance
- ERP Systems, Business Process Management, Business Intelligence, and Modelling
- Fraud Detection, Audit, Digital Forensics and Forensic Accounting
- Information Systems Assurance and Regulatory Impacts
- Intellectual Property and Innovation
The CMIE aims to be the premier research Centre for 21st century for managing intelligent enterprise systems, assurance, security and trust scholars, decision makers and policy planners who will apply the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to preserve the past, manage the present, and design the future.
We also aim to provide solutions, procedures, decisions, processes, best practices and procedures to the Canadian and the global set of decision-makers and policy planners in managing modern intelligent enterprises and systems.
Our mission is to shape the relevant knowledge, create new knowledge and skill sets for human and social benefit by:
Our Core Values
- Discovering new and vital knowledge about various facets of managing an intelligent enterprises
- Educating the next generation of business leaders, policy planners and managers in the management of intelligent enterprise systems, assurance and security
- Developing new scholars who will advance relevant knowledge
- Improving society though service and collaboration
- Applying human-centered values to all our work
Excellence in thinking, actions and outcomes that fulfill our vision and mission
Leadership that inspires collaboration, innovation and continuous learning within CMIE and with our funders, partners, and clients
Integrity in relationships, dialogue and action within and across research, evaluation, data acquisition, policy, and practice communities
Stewardship and Respect in order to be accountable for the mission and resources entrusted to us.
- Humans are the center of the artificially embedded intelligence into systems, processes and procedures.
- Information technologies must serve the needs of their users
- Access to trustworthy and reliabie information for all citizens is a requirement of a civil society
- Intelligent Information systems should augment human and organizational capabilities
- Information and data quality raises ethical issues worthy of deep study
- Our cultural heritage requires our active engagement in matters of management, policy and preservation